January 05, 2010

Edinburgh 2: there she goes

oklaaahh, i lied when i mentioned previously that we didn't do anything in edinburgh.

we....uhmmmm sort of went hiking! i wanted to go to the arthur's seat and enjoy the view of edinburgh city from the top.


but silly me that it didn't cross my mind on how white it'll be; covered with snow from "head" (the peak) to "toe" (the base).

snow = slippery = tergolek-golek macam the babi golek i've seen tepi jalan dekat thailand.

and i came under prepared- looking down at the brown boots! *gave the i-need-a-hand-look to mr.bofwen*
so i gripped his arm and we walked, walked and walked. then suddenly he let go of me; in the middle of the pathway covered with snow.

oh boy, i was so angry at first - shouted his name, asking him to stop walking so fast and hold my hand again.
but he didn't. and he continued walking forward, leaving me behind terkedek-kedek trying to find balance. he turned and laughed at me. [cissss....kurang asam betul! gggrrrrrrrrrr!]


then he shouted, "you need to learn to stand on your own two feet. to face the difficulties and overcome them. i can't be there for you always... so use all you've got."
i terdiam. he has a point kan?
it is true that my loved ones will always be my backbone throughout this life journey. but they can't always (physically) be there for me when i needed them the most. and for whatever actions i'm gonna take, it all depends on me. my determination, my perseverance, my hard work, my effort. nothing can change if i don't change and make the first move. nothing will happens if i don't gamble and grab the opportunity. i will always be there, at the same spot, if i kept of being afraid of falling. "you can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore" [christopher columbus]

upload pictures

it was hard but we made it in the end *all smile* i guess it's all in the mind - we often become what we believe ourselves to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.

thank you, mr.bofwen for never-ending love and support *hugs*

6 comments:

F. said...

Canteknya tempat tu ashieeeeeeeee! The pictures yang you ambek pun cantek jugak! Love it!!! :D

I gi Broga hills jugak next week.. Nak hike jugak! Jeles nie ;P

h.3.l.3.n said...

very pretty edinburgh!!

Anonymous said...

hish..the view is so beautiful..i love edinburgh and glasgow

ur editing skill is getting better..need to buy dslr for u or buy a brand new for me and i gave u yg lama

ashieBee said...

::nono::
oh u havent see the pics of the highland. that one lagi gorgeous!!! will put it up tomorrow ok :)) the sky was blue and the white surrounding of the snow make everything looked nice..dahla pic tu tak edit pun tau!

enjoy your broga hills then. take loads of pics ok, nak tengok! ;))

::helen::
edinburgh very pretty but i bet u've seen it all since you;ve been there so many times already. ngehehehe.

::mujid::
i knowww u suke glasgow lagi ;)) heyyy, tak semua pics edit tau! ciss underestimate camera semi-pro i. pffffffttttttt.

pp said...

ahh..cantik la..how come i tak pernah ambik gambar edin yg cantik...

ashieBee said...

pp, u got 6 months left to do so ;))